Friday, October 31, 2014

Friday Fotos: Old Trix 3

By "old trix" I mean extensive photoshopping, something I experimented with some years ago, but then slacked off. Anyone how uses Photoshop really ought to play around with it just to see what can be done – and, of course, what really can be done is likely to exceed the interests of any one photographer. I certainly learned alot, but in the end decided I wasn't much interested in fancy filtering and extreme color alteration. What made me give another go – as I've done in Old Trix 1 and Old Trix 2?

Simple, these shots are from my shaky-cam photos. I take these photos at night, with long exposures, and I move the camera and/or zoom the lens during the exposure. Depending on this or that, the resulting image either doesn't look like anything but a bunch of colored lines, or the recognizeable objects are distorted and/or almost obscured by lights. That is, the starting image isn't supposed to be "photo-realistic." Given that, perhaps extensive photoshoppery makes more sense.

Look at the following images. The first is more or less what came out of the camera. I did some photoshopping, but not much. The other three involve more extensive alterations from the original, but are much alike among themselves.

IMGP8006

IMGP8006rd6

IMGP8006rd8

IMGP8006rd9

The first, pretty much out of the camera (though cropped), but the next two have been somewhat altered, but not cropped:

IMGP8596rd

IMGP8596rd4

IMGP8596rd6

The first has been somewhat altered from what came out of the camera, but not as much as the second:

IMGP8551rd

IMGP8551rd3

You can probably guess that this one was somewhat altered:

IMGP8698rd3

No comments:

Post a Comment