Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Some fairly standard Photoshoppery

This photo has been turning up regularly in my "most viewed" stats at Flickr:

super secret government laboratory in a place that nobody can ever know about

It's a night-time shot of an industrial building in Jersey City. I took it some time ago, 2006, and don't really remember what I did to it in Photoshop, but it looks like I mostly just ramped up the saturation, though I don't think that would account for the colors of the top-floor windows. This is the caption I have it:
super secret government laboratory in a place that nobody can ever know about
Yeah.

This shot isn't nearly so popular, but seems to have modest following and it's showed up today:

Monolith 2007 wacko style.jpg

The site is within a quarter or half mile of where I took the other photo. ZAR is an old school north Jersey writer whose been working these walls since the 1980s. That weird mess to the right of ZAR is by Plasma Sluggs, a writer from Brooklyn. As for what I did to get those colors, Damfino!

Here's the description I gave it:
Monolith 2007 wacko style.jpg

Rendered this way, though, makes it easy to see the alien messages on it. What're they smokin' on Planet Graff X-009.33qpx?
I suppose you had to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment