Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Simple Gifts

For the minds and hands of women that made Disney's Nutcracker Suite so gorgeous.
I didn't know what I was doing when I took these photos. Well, I did and I didn't. When you're shooting in the direction of the sun, or directly into it, the camera fills with energetic photons and cranks the sensor up to eleven. It gets flooded. You may get a usable shot, you may not. A lot depends on 'luck', and a lot depends on how you're willing to work with the shot.

As for those wonderful flying ducks, that's a different kind of gift. They were close enough that, in order to track them, I had to swivel my body. In that situation thoughts of framing the shot go out the window. You just have to hope the camera will capture focus in time for you to get any shot at all.

In the case of this particular shot I didn't even remember I'd taken it. I must have worked so quickly that my mind didn't have time to register the taking. Consequently, when I started trolling though them morning's shoot, it was a complete surprise. And a wonderful one.

The world is gifted.

IMGP3517rd - Five ducks and freedom tower

IMGP3480rd3BW

IMGP3579rd

IMGP3571rdGBW

IMGP3627rd

2 comments: