Sunday, December 25, 2022

Lingonberries on waffles for breakfast on Christmas Eve

When I was young the family used to visit relatives in Rockport, Massachusetts, for a summer vacation. We would go to Oleana, a Swedish restaurant, for breakfast at least one morning. There I would order Swedish pancakes, small thin pancakes topped with powdered sugar and lingonberries. You can even get a pan designed for cooking them. Anyhow, as I love pancakes and waffles, and I love lingonberries, my sister buys me a jar of lingonberries each Christmas. As she had to work on Christmas this year – she’s a nurse – we celebrated early this year. And that’s why I was able to have lingonberries on my waffles yesterday. 
 
You can see the jar of lingonberries to the right of center in this photo:

* * * * *

2 comments: